Software Engineer - Frontend (m/f/d) for USA based rating platform in Hamburg
Do you enjoy wrangling CSS and crafting beautiful JS? Want your work to be seen by millions of users? Our frontend engineers help build the experience that millions of users see every day. From making sure we've got fast and maintainable React applications to ensuring our sites are responsive, frontend engineers at Yelp do it all. We routinely tackle hard challenges and care deeply about creating the best user experience. We develop using a modern tech stack that we evolve with the web industry, currently consisting of React.js, GraphQL, Webpack, Jest, and css-in-js.
Frontend engineers at Yelp collaborate closely with product managers and designers along with backend and full stack engineers.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we're a cooperative team that values authenticity and encourages creative solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code within their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor, and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we're looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Define the next generation of architecture for the UI application framework while partnering with other frontend-focused engineers.
- Design and build maintainable & scalable web systems to support experimentation and product analytics with product and design teams.
- Own engineering projects from design to implementation to deployment and maintenance.
- Define consistent patterns, reusable components, and standards around coding, testing, and app structure.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system designs and implementation.
- Evolve UI technology in line with business needs and changes in technology landscape.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate within Germany
- Experience designing, developing, and utilizing component-based architectures.
- Experience with modern webapp and testing frameworks; such as webpack, jest, enzyme, and/or jasmine.
- Ability to work closely with and incorporate feedback from other engineers and product managers.
- Responsiveness to changing needs of the business and ability to craft solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Intuition for usability and UI design.
- Experience creating exceptional products and building user-centric experiences from conception to launch.
- Bonus: Experience with GraphQL and querying data in React components
What We Offer:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- Subsidization of your public transportation card and €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, team events, happy hours, foosball, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The city of Hamburg has a well-deserved reputation as Germany's Gateway to the World. It is the country's biggest port and the second-busiest in Europe, despite being located astride the River Elbe, some 100 kilometres from the North Sea. It is also Germany's second largest city with a population of over 1.8 million and the Greater Hamburg Metropolitan Region has a population of over four million. Hamburg is proud of its status as a "Free and Hanseatic City" and thus shares the same status as a province, making up one of Germany's 16 federal-states or Bundesländer.
Sorry, the application deadline is already over. Sign up to get informed about open positions first and never miss a job again.
Job Facts short and efficient - how Germans like it
|Work-week||35 - 40h|
|Relocation||several relocation benefits, see description|
|Language||English or German|
|Posted||2 months, 3 weeks ago|
|Closing in||0 minutes|
|Any questions left?
Ask our recruiter below for details!
Jobs by Technology
Looking for a job with a specific technology? Here are our most-wanted technologies.
Jobs by Programming Language
These are our jobs filtered by programming language. Choose your stack, choose your destiny.
Jobs by Region
Already have a specific region/city in Germany in mind? Then check our most popular areas.
or see all regions