Software Engineer - Application Backend (m/f/d) for USA based rating platform in Hamburg
Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact? Using the richest source of local business data and user-generated content in the world, Yelp's application backend engineers work closely with mobile and web developers to generate and power our websites and mobile apps, bringing Yelp's 190M+ reviews to millions of users all around the world.
Application backend engineers take on a diverse set of challenges across the engineering org, from building products for business owners to get the most out of Yelp, to taking on some of the most meaningful problems in distributed computing and API design.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features on top of our Service-Oriented Architecture
- Iterate quickly using Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment principles
- Articulate a technical vision and execute it
- Give back by mentoring other engineers and sharing the skills you learn
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Based or willing to relocate within Germany or United Kingdom
- Relevant industry experience
- An understanding of and interest in elegant API designs
- Relevant experience in at least one programming language: Python, C, Java, Go, Rust, etc.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- Subsidization of your public transportation card and €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, team events, happy hours, foosball, and more!
Yelp values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The city of Hamburg has a well-deserved reputation as Germany's Gateway to the World. It is the country's biggest port and the second-busiest in Europe, despite being located astride the River Elbe, some 100 kilometres from the North Sea. It is also Germany's second largest city with a population of over 1.8 million and the Greater Hamburg Metropolitan Region has a population of over four million. Hamburg is proud of its status as a "Free and Hanseatic City" and thus shares the same status as a province, making up one of Germany's 16 federal-states or Bundesländer.
Sorry, the application deadline is already over. Sign up to get informed about open positions first and never miss a job again.
Job Facts short and efficient - how Germans like it
|Work-week||35 - 40h|
|Relocation||several relocation benefits, see description|
|Language||English or German|
|Posted||2 months, 3 weeks ago|
|Closing in||0 minutes|
|Any questions left?
Ask our recruiter below for details!
Jobs by Technology
Looking for a job with a specific technology? Here are our most-wanted technologies.
Jobs by Programming Language
These are our jobs filtered by programming language. Choose your stack, choose your destiny.
Jobs by Region
Already have a specific region/city in Germany in mind? Then check our most popular areas.
or see all regions