(Senior) PHP Software Engineer (m/f)
(Senior) PHP Software Engineer (m/f)Our group is one of the world’s leading online food delivery marketplaces, headquartered in Berlin, Germany and operating in 22 emerging markets in Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. The company employs more than 2,000 people worldwide, of which approximately 200 work in Berlin with more than 40 countries represented. We very proud of our accomplishments in the last years, mainly because we have a great team spirit. Working in the Internet and Multimedia industry it is very important for us to source the best candidates on a global scale. Our international team is very dynamic, open minded and we love to tackle challenges together. We are constantly expanding in our markets and therefore we are looking for a (Senior) PHP Software Engineer (m/f) to join our great team in the capital of Germany, Berlin city!
What we offer
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- Health Insurance for you and your family (Mandatory in Germany)
- A vibrant and international team
- A yearly education budget for every employee
- Regular company and team events
- Free language classes and sport activities
- Modern and spacious office in the heart of Berlin
- 26 paid vacation days
- Drinks, fresh fruits and cereals
RelocationSince we have a wide experience with foreign developers coming to Germany, you will have a budget for relocation and we will pay your tickets to come to Germany. German IT Jobs will support you throughout the whole process and will help you to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Your main tasks
- you will develop quality code for our high traffic web applications
- you will design and build efficient, testable and massively scalable web applications
- you will follow and shape processes aimed at efficiently creating software of the highest quality
- you will collaborate within cross functional and international agile teams
- you will be in control of and meet budget, quality, deadlines of own and team tasks
- you will stay up to date with current industry trends and promote them within the company
- and last but not least, you will have a whole lot of fun with the team
What we are looking for
- you have a finished technical university degree in physics, mathematics or computer science
- you have a deep technical understanding of multi-tiered and distributed web applications based on the LEMP (Linux, Nginx, MariaDB/MySQL, PHP)
- you have an extensive professional experience developing with PHP, adhering to best practices in object-orientation, design patterns, SOLID principles, clean code and testing
- you have an excellent knowledge of relational databases (You should be aware of: normal forms, ACID, isolation levels, anatomy of an index)
- you are able to work in a fast-paced software release environment
- you have a flexible and open-minded personality
Your new home town BerlinWith its 3,5 million inhabitants, Berlin is Germany’s biggest city and also its capital. The great amount of young people, foreigners and entrepreneurs make Berlin a very vivid and wild city. Berlin holds a very flexible and open-minded working environment, attracting those named above. As a result, Berlin is considered to be the most vigorous start-up city in Europe. This includes a huge variety of information and communication technology oriented firms which significantly contribute to Berlin’s industrial success. Although Berlin is one of the biggest cities in Europe, it’s key-districts are well connected by a great offer of public transport, cycling roads, and a foot passenger friendly infrastructure. Compared to other German cities the cost of living in Berlin is rather low. Where Munich, Frankfurt am Main and Stuttgart make up the three most expensive German cities, Berlin has an average renting price of 657€ per month for a small but central apartment. It’s rich history during and after the second world war created many sights and attractions, making Berlin a hotspot for those interested in Russia’s, British’, America’s and Germany’s shared history. In addition to Berlin’s strong cultural heritage it also offers a broad variety of evening- and nightlife, including many bars and clubs but also holding various restaurants, theaters and concerts.
You can find MORE INFORMATION about cost of living and the city Berlin after your registration in our backend.
- You apply here on German IT Jobs
- We check your CV and your background
- We send you a coding Test
- You will have a Quick Call with the company
- You will have a long Tech Call with the tech team
- You will have an Interview with the CTO or the Team Lead
Berlin, Germany’s capital, dates to the 13th century. Nowadays, it's home to a thriving startup scene on eye-level with other cities worldwide. Berlin not only Germany's biggest city and capital, but also Germany's most vibrant and open city with a lot of expats and English-speaking people from all over the world. Perfect for internationals and as a first step when relocating to Germany.
Sorry, the application deadline is already over. Sign up to get informed about open positions first and never miss a job again.
Job Facts short and efficient - how Germans like it
|Work-week||35 - 40h|
|Relocation||several relocation benefits, see description|
|Language||English or German|
|Posted||4 years, 4 months ago|
|Closing in||0 minutes|
|Any questions left?
Ask our recruiter below for details!
Jobs by Technology
Looking for a job with a specific technology? Here are our most-wanted technologies.
Jobs by Programming Language
These are our jobs filtered by programming language. Choose your stack, choose your destiny.
Jobs by Region
Already have a specific region/city in Germany in mind? Then check our most popular areas.
or see all regions