Linux Systems Engineer for Prototypes (f/m/d)
Who is Cinemo?
Cinemo is a leading expert within the automotive infotainment industry, the company was established in 2008 and is based in the heart of Karlsruhe, Germany. We specialize in providing in-vehicle multimedia software solutions to globe automotive clients.
If you are passionate about new technology and interacting with highly skilled experts, Cinemo is looking for you!
To customers we present our high quality in-vehicle infotainment solutions in the form of self-developed prototypes. As an Embedded Linux System Engineer you set up and help to improve these prototypes so that they can be shown worldwide to all our customers. Together with the prototyping team you ensure that the perfect demo system is in place and can be presented in a perfect light. Installing new systems from the ground up, identifying what might possibly go wrong and finally bringing all involved pieces of hardware, software and people together is your day to day work. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills and has the personality, desire and ability to deliver a quality experience to customers.
- Establish, configure, test and maintain operating systems and system management tools on automotive embedded hardware (Linux and Android)
- Enable development and deployment of Cinemo application software on embedded IVI systems for demo and testing purposes
- Create prototypes from ground up which consist of multiple network-connected embedded devices running different operating systems
Experience + Qualification:
- Expertise in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux-based embedded systems with a proven project track record
- Advanced knowledge of Linux/Unix based platforms and Android Systems
- Experience in using script languages (e.g. Python, Bash, Ruby) and setting up software for automation
- Basic Dev-Ops skills are a plus (e.g. Jenkins, Docker)
- Knowledge of networking technologies (Ethernet, WiFi, TCP/IP)
- Basic knowledge of system administration, performance tuning, and system monitoring would be advantageous
- Strong communication and coordination skills (written and verbal)
- You are self-motivated, proactive and able to work under minimal supervision
- You pay attention to details and are highly self-organized
- You are a team player
- Proficient and fluent communication in English
The successful candidate will be required to work at Cinemo GmbH, Kaiserstr. 72, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany.
Interested in joining our International Team? Please send your job application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Home to one of the best technical universities in Germany and a big tech and startup ecosystem while still being close to the Black Forest.
Sorry, the application deadline is already over. Sign up to get informed about open positions first and never miss a job again.
Job Facts short and efficient - how Germans like it
|Work-week||35 - 40h|
|Relocation||several relocation benefits, see description|
|Language||English or German|
|Posted||2 months, 3 weeks ago|
|Closing in||0 minutes|
|Any questions left?
Ask our recruiter below for details!
Jobs by Technology
Looking for a job with a specific technology? Here are our most-wanted technologies.
Jobs by Programming Language
These are our jobs filtered by programming language. Choose your stack, choose your destiny.
Jobs by Region
Already have a specific region/city in Germany in mind? Then check our most popular areas.
or see all regions