Entry Level Software Engineer - iOS (m/f/d) for USA based rating platform in Hamburg
No app is better suited for mobile than Yelp. When local content meets location-aware devices that go everywhere with us, Yelp connects with that great local businesses right around the corner and lets you instantly share the experience to help the next person discover it, too. It's no wonder there are over 30 million users of our apps each month!
Our relatively small iOS community has had a massive impact on the lives of millions, reaching users from around the globe and helping small business owners engage with their customers and build better connections. Yelp has always been on the cutting edge of iOS. From launching our consumer app over 10 years ago, to more recently introducing our business owners app, we continue pushing the envelope of what's possible on iOS.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features in the Yelp app to connect people with great local businesses
- Improve and iterate on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you've learned
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges
- Be a key part of the larger iOS developer community at Yelp
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Some relevant industry experience
- An understanding of the iOS platform (Objective-C or Swift, preferably both)
- Experience with iOS testing, from breaking controller logic into unit-testable pieces to automated UI testing
- An eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
Yelp values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The city of Hamburg has a well-deserved reputation as Germany's Gateway to the World. It is the country's biggest port and the second-busiest in Europe, despite being located astride the River Elbe, some 100 kilometres from the North Sea. It is also Germany's second largest city with a population of over 1.8 million and the Greater Hamburg Metropolitan Region has a population of over four million. Hamburg is proud of its status as a "Free and Hanseatic City" and thus shares the same status as a province, making up one of Germany's 16 federal-states or Bundesländer.
The Leipzig Heart Digital is a sub-division of the Leipzig Heart Institute with a focus on data science and digital solutions. Being one of the leading research units within Helios Kliniken and Helios Health, the largest hospital provider in Europe.
- Web Development
Holidu is one of the fastest-growing travel tech companies worldwide. Our mission is to finally make the search and booking of vacation rentals easy. We are on this journey in an international team of travel and technology enthusiasts.
- Objective C
Cinemo has grown rapidly from a startup to a market leader for connected in-vehicle infotainment solutions. As the company grows, we need to enlarge our engineering project leader team for our embedded multimedia solutions.
- Test Driven Development
Together with your 18 teammates you help developing our LILLYDOO E-Commerce platform and service architecture. In an agile SCRUM development approach, you work across multiple teams in sprints on bigger and smaller projects and tasks.
Job Facts short and efficient - how Germans like it
|Work-week||35 - 40h|
|Relocation||several relocation benefits, see description|
|Language||English or German|
|Posted||2 weeks ago|
|Closing in||1 month, 2 weeks|
|Any questions left?
Ask our recruiter below for details!
Jobs by Technology
Looking for a job with a specific technology? Here are our most-wanted technologies.AWS Web Development Kubernetes Docker Full Stack Git Elasticsearch React Jenkins MongoDB
Jobs by Programming Language
Jobs by Region
Already have a specific region/city in Germany in mind? Then check our most popular areas.Munich
Not only home of the world-famous Oktoberfest, but also a lot of big companies, including BMW. On sunny days, you can see the nearby alps on the horizon. Karlsruhe
Home to one of the best technical universities in Germany and a big tech and startup ecosystem while still being close to the Black Forest. Stuttgart
Stuttgart, capital of southwest Germany’s Baden-Württemberg state, is known as a manufacturing hub. Mercedes-Benz and Porsche have headquarters and museums here. The city is filled with greenspaces, which wrap around its center. Hamburg
The city of Hamburg, Germany's second-largest city, has a well-deserved reputation as Germany's Gateway to the World with it's globally known port. Leipzig
Leipzig is a true marble in East Germany with beautiful architecture and just a few steps away from an exciting world of outdoor activities. Some call it „the New Berlin“, it definitely has a vibrant culture.
or see all regions