Entry Level Software Engineer Android (m/f/d) for USA based rating platform in Hamburg
Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact? Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and we get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. With average build times under a minute, full Kotlin adoption and a state-of-the-art architecture, the Yelp Android team thrives by staying ahead of the curve of the demanding Android world. Be creative, build prototypes, experiment, and ship them to millions of users. Come take our Yelp Android experience to the next level.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we're a cooperative team that values individual authenticity, and encourages "unboring" solutions to problems. We enable all new engineers to deploy working code their first week, and your impact will only grow from there with the support of your manager, mentor and team. At the end of the day, we are all about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
Where You Come In:
- Build new features in Kotlin on top of modern open source foundations (RxJava2, Retrofit, Glide, Koin, etc.)
- Iterate quickly (weekly release cycle, Multi-Module build) on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you've learned
- Be a key part of the larger Android developer community at Yelp
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Some industry experience would be nice to have but not mandatory
- Insistent on a consistent and responsive user experience
- Eager to embrace challenges with scalability, reliability, and performance
- Passion for Yelp and its mission to connect people with great local businesses
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe
- €50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
Yelp values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to Race/Ethnic Origin, Sex, Religion/Belief, Disability, Age, Sexual Orientation.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The city of Hamburg has a well-deserved reputation as Germany's Gateway to the World. It is the country's biggest port and the second-busiest in Europe, despite being located astride the River Elbe, some 100 kilometres from the North Sea. It is also Germany's second largest city with a population of over 1.8 million and the Greater Hamburg Metropolitan Region has a population of over four million. Hamburg is proud of its status as a "Free and Hanseatic City" and thus shares the same status as a province, making up one of Germany's 16 federal-states or Bundesländer.
Sorry, the application deadline is already over. Sign up to get informed about open positions first and never miss a job again.
Job Facts short and efficient - how Germans like it
|Work-week||35 - 40h|
|Relocation||several relocation benefits, see description|
|Language||English or German|
|Posted||2 months, 3 weeks ago|
|Closing in||0 minutes|
|Any questions left?
Ask our recruiter below for details!
Jobs by Technology
Looking for a job with a specific technology? Here are our most-wanted technologies.
Jobs by Programming Language
These are our jobs filtered by programming language. Choose your stack, choose your destiny.
Jobs by Region
Already have a specific region/city in Germany in mind? Then check our most popular areas.
or see all regions