Senior System Engineer (m/f) - AWS Docker BashOur group is one of the world’s leading online food delivery marketplaces, headquartered in Berlin, Germany and operating in 22 emerging markets in Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. The company employs more than 2,000 people worldwide, of which approximately 200 work in Berlin with more than 40 countries represented. We very proud of our accomplishments in the last years, mainly because we have a great team spirit. Working in the Internet and Multimedia industry it is very important for us to source the best candidates on a global scale. Our international team is very dynamic, open minded and we love to tackle challenges together. We are constantly expanding in our markets and therefore we are looking for a Senior System Engineer (m/f) to join our great team in the capital of Germany, Berlin city!
- What we offer
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- Health Insurance for you and your family (Mandatory in Germany)
- A vibrant and international team
- A yearly education budget for every employee
- Regular company and team events
- Free language classes and sport activities
- Modern and spacious office in the heart of Berlin
- 26 paid vacation days
- Drinks, fresh fruits and cereals
RelocationSince we have a wide experience with foreign developers coming to Germany, you will have a budget for relocation and we will pay your tickets to come to Germany. German IT Jobs will support you throughout the whole process and will help you to make the transition as smooth as possible.
Your main tasks
- you will help us to launch and maintain successful websites all over the world
- you will take actively part in the design, building and maintenance of our complex, large and decentralized Infrastructure
- you will ensure the technical success, development and enhancement of our international business
- you will support the teams that are using the infrastructure including taking part in an on-call rotation
- you will work in a team and have the chance to work across various challenging tasks
- and last but not least, you will have a lot of fun in our team
What we are looking for
- you have a finished technical university degree in physics, mathematics or computer science
- you have a solid knowledge in Cloud-based infrastructures, mainly AWS
- you have experience with containers, mainly Docker
- you have experience in several Configuration Management Systems
- you have a deep knowledge on Bash and either Python or Ruby
- you have experience in designing, implementing, optimizing and maintaining infrastructures combined with a clear understanding of caching technologies and DDoS protection
Your new home town BerlinWith its 3,5 million inhabitants, Berlin is Germany’s biggest city and also its capital. The great amount of young people, foreigners and entrepreneurs make Berlin a very vivid and wild city. Berlin holds a very flexible and open-minded working environment, attracting those named above. As a result, Berlin is considered to be the most vigorous start-up city in Europe. This includes a huge variety of information and communication technology oriented firms which significantly contribute to Berlin’s industrial success. Although Berlin is one of the biggest cities in Europe, it’s key-districts are well connected by a great offer of public transport, cycling roads, and a foot passenger friendly infrastructure. Compared to other German cities the cost of living in Berlin is rather low. Where Munich, Frankfurt am Main and Stuttgart make up the three most expensive German cities, Berlin has an average renting price of 657€ per month for a small but central apartment. It’s rich history during and after the second world war created many sights and attractions, making Berlin a hotspot for those interested in Russia’s, British’, America’s and Germany’s shared history. In addition to Berlin’s strong cultural heritage it also offers a broad variety of evening- and nightlife, including many bars and clubs but also holding various restaurants, theaters and concerts.
You can find MORE INFORMATION about cost of living and the city Berlin after your registration in our backend.
- You apply here on German IT Jobs
- We check your CV and your background
- You will have a Quick Call with the company
- You will have a long Tech Call with the tech team
- You will have an Interview with the CTO or the Team Lead
Back-End Developer (m/f) in Hamburg, Germany in Hamburg, Germany
back to the job overview
Job Facts short and efficient - how Germans like it
|Work-week||35 - 40h|
|Relocation||several relocation benefits|
|Language||English or German|
|Posted||11 months ago|
|Any questions left?
Ask our recruiter below for details!